mandag, november 22, 2004

Sunday quote - one day late!

Tried to post a quote yesterday, but for some reason Blogger didn't let me in. It is not the first time, and probably not the last - but it is tiering not to be able to post whenever I want to and have time to spend!!!!!
___________

Anyhow; yesterday was the Last Sunday in our Norwegian Church-Year. Often we call the day The Sunday of Jugdment. So you might not wonder when I say it is a day where we talk about the very last day, the jugdment-day. This year we preached over a text from Revelation, in this text (as many others) there is above all word for us living our life not knowing when Christ will return and maybe not even caring that much about it.
It is the words: I AM COMING SOON!!

For sure there have been some days since he walked the earth, but in the great picture, how much time is 2000 years really, compared to the age of the creation?? Just a second it seems.

Many don't care much for talking about The Jugdment-day because they are not that eager for it to come. I see that, I too want to live my life just like it is for some more years - but do you really think that what Jesus has to give can be any less than we've already gotten?? And will I miss my old life - when I walk along whit the Lord?? - I think not!!!

And then the most important note:
We have nothing to fear from Jesus on Jugdement-day - as long as we have him as a friend. Our paycheck my vary from person to person, but Jesus promised that whoever belived in him should have eternal life; no matter what the life looked like(!) That is gathered in one word: GRACE!

God bless you all!


"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. "Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
(Rev 22:12-17)




<div id="footer">