tirsdag, desember 07, 2004

After the interview about adoption

I have to say that I've met some nice and warm comments today on my interview aired in both local radio and television last night.

Good to see and feel that there is quite a few that are happy for me and understands how important this is to me. Also good to know this in the future; because this is the neighborhood I'll bring my child into, and I hope they will meet he or she in the same way they've met me today!

Thankful and happy!
anne berit =>

2 Comments:

At 9:31 a.m., Blogger Devin said...

Hmm.. do you find it ironic the hurdles to jump through in order to adopt, yet anyone can bring another kid into this world? (I was adopted)

http://devdev.org/

 
At 6:18 p.m., Blogger anne berit said...

Hi!

In a way I can see the irony and maybe all parents to be should have more eduacation on being a parent to prevent troubling time some children must endure.

I don't think that it is possible, but know that the nurse who is responisible for the health and well being of children localy here in Norway (I have no idea how to translate her title - helsesøster...)tryes to help and advice new parents in how to take care of their newborn child.

I'm glad for the government thaking good time in preparing for the child who are going to be adopted by learning much about the parents to be and having a prosess where you'll either be approved or disapproved based on your ability to care for a child. I hope it will make it easyer for the children too; even though there always will be some kind of loss in their past.

Now I will visit your site ;o)

Love
anne berit

 

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home

<div id="footer">