tirsdag, desember 28, 2004

A terrible terrible accident

On Christmas day a tsunami came over the beaches in South East Asia because of a earthquake. This morning the news reported that maybe as many as 70000 people died. I've been trying to grasp the number, but have come short. It's so many, and each death has a family in grief behind. Many of the deaths are tourist on vacation in this beautiful place on earth. But most of them are inhabitants of the area. By now 28000 deaths are reported. Even in Somalia, far away from the earthquake there are deaths because of it.

The only thing I can do is pray!

2 Comments:

At 2:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonym said...

I can't even finish reading the news story this morning because I'm having a hard time comprehending the numbers myself. Tragic doesn't even begin to describe it...

deb @ sugarfused

 
At 11:35 p.m., Blogger anne berit said...

I've been waching the news tonight, trying to make my self belive that this is happening. It is so hard! Because I don't want it to be true at all! But by hearing the stories and waching I know the most horrible thing has happended - and now all we have left to do is to start clearing and building up what in a second was smashed in the tsunami. With houses and buildings that will work, with people that would not - that is the terrible truth the world is trying to grasp.

Sad, but not without hope - anne berit

 

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home

<div id="footer">