tirsdag, januar 04, 2005

A little recap of 2004

I found this surfing BE; it is my answers though! ;D

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
I gave a short interview for the regional tv-news

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Never makes them, they are to hard to keep and I like to see what will happen….

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my cousin M got a beautiful son in march and my second-cousin B, got a gorgeous son in may :D

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my aunt; that was a sad day. She only got 62 years old. She is missed.

5. What countries did you visit?
2004 was not a great year for “out-of-the-country” experiences….

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A child!

7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory; and why?
From the top of my head:
October 5th – then I got my approval for adopting a child in the mail.
December 26th – when the tsunami hit hard on south east Asia and Africa.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being approved for adoption!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not starting to blog before august…… ;o)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really, but worked too hard in the spring semester! Used the summer vacation to recover…

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A domain? I have no idea, but it might have been a book…. I’m not too interested in money after all!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All those wonderful friends of mine; who supported me when I told them of my plans to adopt a child from Ethiopia. They support me and cheer me on! (some of them have don it for years!)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
TV-show there the purpose is to make a person look dumb!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying for gas, I drive a lot! My friends don’t exactly live next door (Or do they B&T??)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Approval for adoption, what else? It changes my hole life in a good, but also challenging, way!

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
I have absolutely no idea! Sorry to say….

17. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sleeping and visiting friends both next door and farther away!

18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Working on my days off, and feeling bad about it…

19. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
As always: quite at home until 10 pm, preparing the service and some relaxing… Then leaving for church and service there at 11 pm. Nothing beats standing outside the church after service with candles in hand and together entering the New Year! This year it also was sad because of the tsunami in Indian Ocean.

20. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Oh yea! No year without :D

21. How many one-night stands?
Doesn’t suit me, so not an option this year either….

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Seventh Heaven! And then Gilmore Girls.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t believe in hate, and try not to hate others.

24. What was the best book you read?
“The Christmas mystery” by Jostein Gaarder. It is a great story to read for advent. I love it and try to read the book each year, this year I didn’t finish until 26th December however…

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Children singing on top of their lung in a service before Christmas!

26. What did you want and get?
I really did want an approval – and I got it at last!

27. What did you want and not get?
I also did want a boyfriend – but him I have to wait for some more….. ;o)

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Lord of the Ring; Return of the King.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I got one year older! Not ashamed either: 33 is my number :D I celebrated at home with my parents.

30.What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
This year has been as satisfying as they comes, so nothing!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Another year of; I don’t really care….. My mother and grandmother don’t approve of that one – and it is not always true. But I do not use a lot of time on clothes to be honest.

32. What kept you sane?
My faith and the wonderful people I call my friends!

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
That it is easier being a man politician than a woman! Can it have something to do with the voice? And there is still women who get not wanted changes in their jobs because they are pregnant or come back working after mother leave. Do the men want to give birth??

34. Who did you miss?
My aunt; and friends living far away!

35. Who was the best new person you met?
That have to be Sunniva; also adopted from Ethiopia :D She’s so cute!

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Share both the blessings and the trouble in life. Then you’ll both give and get….

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
As before mentioned; I’m not that good with songs, so let me quote a verse from the Bible (Yes! I am a minister……)

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD” (from Psalm 127:3a)

--- ---
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
--- ---

2 Comments:

At 7:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonym said...

Hey there - that's great that you've been approved to adopt! How exciting! Too bad more people today don't do it as much as we all should.
My mom wanted at one time to adopt a girl from China but the rules and regulations are so strict she soon found out that she was too old (and she is not old even now!)

If you decide to do your own blog design and run into any problems, let me know and I'll try and help.

valerieOh, and thanks for the compliments :-D

 
At 11:27 p.m., Blogger anne berit said...

Hi Valerie!

So glad for everyone that think it is a good idea to adopt (and really - there are many who says it!) I really look forward to becoming a mom; even though I know there also will be some challenges to overcome. (But what is living without callenges?)

Sorry to hear that your mother was to old to adopt, I know they have kind of strickt rooles. For me on the other hand it was different in the beginning - everybody told me I was to young(!) But that are some few years ago; now I'm getting old enough...

See you later :~D

 

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home

<div id="footer">