onsdag, januar 05, 2005

A prayer

Dear God!
I feel that the Christmas time ought to be only good. This Christmas has not been only good. Many people are dead after the tsunami hit. Many children are also dead.
Dear God!
Can you give comfort to all who are sad and feel sorry, so no one is alone when crying. Be with they who lost a sister or a brother. Be with all mummies and daddies who are afraid.
Dear God!
Help us to help those who suffer. And help me too, when I am afraid and sad.
Amen.

---
A prayer I used in the sevices this New Years weekend. I got it from my national Lutheran "Church Consil". But have no idea who wrote it.

2 Comments:

At 1:29 p.m., Blogger Pincushion said...

I am with you in your prayers for those unfortunate ones. May God give them the strength to build their future and live once again. Thank you.
I was in India when this happened. Its a really sad time. Hope the new year will bring better things for all. God bless.

 
At 3:05 p.m., Blogger anne berit said...

Good to have you back - glad you are ok!

I believe in prayer, not only because it helps other people but also because it helps us put the horror in words.

 

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home

<div id="footer">