onsdag, januar 19, 2005

Sunday was not my day!

I’ve been meaning to write this for some days, but every time I try to start, the embarrassment gets to me…… This is the story about a day I rather would forget but there is no way – too many knows already!
So here it goes:


On Sunday I did the thing most pastors are terrible afraid of.

Everything started out normal that morning; I was woken at 6:30 by my radio. As usual I turned it of to sleep another 9 minutes before it would wake me again. BUT THIS MORNING IT DIDN’T. Instead of pushing the buzz button I turned it completely off. I had not a chance; sleep swept me away.

I OVERSLEPT! (Oh, I’m getting red just writing it!) Yes, I overslept and didn’t wake up until 10:30 am. The service was supposed to be at 11 am, --> 32 kilometers and one 20 minutes ferry raid away…. There was no way I could make it with just jumping out of bed and pretending it didn’t happen!!!

There was no service for me that day, the congregation gathered in songs, prayers and scripture all by them selves; and had a good time together. I, on the other hand, didn’t have a good Sunday; trying to come to term with it all being not reversible. I wish I could do it again; this time with a huge number of alarm clocks by my bed!

So now you know it too:
An overtired pastor and early mornings are dangerous combinations!!

<div id="footer">