onsdag, februar 09, 2005

Daily read for Lent 1

This Lent I decided to catch up on my Biblereading! Each morning I'll post the Bible texts for the day. Then later in the day I will try to post some small thoughts about the daily reading.
Ash Wednesday

  • Psalm 95
  • Psalm 32
  • Psalm 143
  • Jon 3:1-4:11
  • Heb 12:1-14
  • Luke 18:9-14
  • Psalm 102
  • Psalm 130


Two thing jumped at me today:
1. The word of the tax collector: ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
2. Gods love for and mercy upon sinners!

Lent is to see that I as a human is dust compared with God, and also to see that God takes dust and makes something valuable out of it!


4 Comments:

At 11:44 p.m., Blogger Jordan said...

"Gods love for and mercy upon sinners!"

Would allowing someone to suffer eternal torment constitute "love" and "mercy"? Frankly, I think your God, in the unlikely event that he does exist, is an immoral monster undeserving of the time of day let alone worship.

 
At 12:11 a.m., Blogger anne berit said...

Well that is your opinion, and frankly if I had been able I had deleted your comment because this is not meant to be a discussion! You have every right to mean what you want, and so have I; and this is my blog!

I believe God is worthy of worship and thanks because he do want nothing more for us than to be with him, here now on earth and later in heaven. That is what grace is all about. But he has given us human right to say no, 'I will or can't believe' - God has said that the consequence is that we will be away from God. Eternal flame is a picture on how it is to be away from God - not necessary what's going to happen literally. The important thing is - God doesn't want us to be away from him! He loves us and wants us close.

 
At 6:56 a.m., Anonymous article mortgage threaltyreport.com said...

mortgage articles for refinance mortgage home loans

 
At 8:22 p.m., Anonymous home equity line of credit said...

A

 

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home

<div id="footer">