torsdag, februar 10, 2005

Daily read for Lent - 2

Thursday

  • Psalm 37:1-18 (am)
  • Deut 7:6-11; Titus 1:1-16; John 1:29-34
  • Psalm 37:19-42 (pm)


I will tell you a little story from some years ago. I was on a trip with a group of youths attending confirmation class, one of the leaders asked me if he was aloud to learn the youths a verse from the Bible and I said: "Of course! Do your best." And so he did! We repeated the verse after him several time, each time a little different, I sure knew by then that he had talent for this - he got the beat just right. After a while I think we all knew the verse quite well; in addition we had a good time copying him as best we could.

The verse stock with me, and the amazing thing was - it stucked with the youths as well :o) A long time after I met one of the girls at the supermarked. She smiled at me and then she said:


Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act.

I thought of her when I read from Psalm 37:5 today ;o) Wonder how she's doing and if the verse still do matter to her; I sure hope so!


<div id="footer">