onsdag, februar 02, 2005

In a glimpse of an eye..

I was in the last part of preparing for my meeting with parents (of some youths attending confirmation classes) - on the south side, when my phone rang. I saw it was my mum and knew that something was not right. I heard it in her voice immediately. And I feared the worst.

It turned out to be not quite as bad as I feared, but still I felt terrible for a while and sorry for my grandmother. She was just finished with her dentist appointment. And almost down the stair, when she fall. It is not the first time Grandma have fallen; not even the first time in this stair my mum told me. But this time she didn't get away with bruises; she broke her hip. Now she's in hospital and they take good care off her. Tonight they are going to operate and everything seems to work out just fine. But you'll never know, she is after all 94 years of age. But strong in everything but her bone! ;)

My Grandma, or Mormor as we call her in Norwegian (meaning mother's mother), is famous for braking bones. I think maybe this is a first with an uncomplicated fracture. I can remember from my childhood having fun using her crouches after she crushed her ankle. And I remember her, some years later, having some clay to play with that we children was not allowed to use. Off course it was for her exercise after a ugly fracture of the elbow; I think we knew that - but still it looked like fun.


It's been a while since last time she broke anything. I know my mother is afraid and to be honest I am a little worried my self. So if you can, please remember her in your prayers and thoughts this night (Norwegian time)?? Thanks!

This is from her celebrating the big 90:

2 Comments:

At 11:46 p.m., Blogger SunnyC said...

I'll be sure to keep her in my prayers.
Love In Christ,
SunnyC
~Jeremiah 29:11~

 
At 11:57 p.m., Blogger anne berit said...

Thanks a million! I know she has peace with God and long to meet her late husband, but I still want her around just a little longer :)

 

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home

<div id="footer">