s√łndag, februar 06, 2005

Sunday Quote

Again my sermon and service was rotated around the Bible; but this was the last time :o) Quite ok for me, it gets tiring to talk about the same thing every time! So here I want to give you a quote from the text that belongs to this last Sunday before Lent. We call the day Fastelavn søndag; I have no idea how to translate this other than the last word means Sunday(!) When I was growing up this was the day we wanted the branches we've taken in a few weeks earlier to be green with newborn leaves - a promise of spring and new life. Often we decorated them whit colorful feathers.

In the text we meet a man who have a lot to thank Jesus for; he got a new life both on earth and in heaven when Jesus healed his eyes and saw his faith. For there was no wrong in his spiritual sight, even though he was blind. He saw what Jesus could do for him, when nobody else did. And he cried: "Jesus, have mercy on me!" Kyrie eleison! The same cry we still use in our church when we pray for forgiveness. Jesus turn to us as well and ask: “What do you want me to do for you?”

As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”He called out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”

Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” “Lord, I want to see,” he replied. Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.

Luke 18:35-43

God bless you!

*hug*

2 Comments:

At 5:42 a.m., Blogger makuahine said...

"Again my sermon and service was rotated around the Bible; but this was the last time"

I am not sure what you mean by this???

 
At 9:52 a.m., Blogger anne berit said...

I see :) I could have made that clearer! I just ment it was the third Sunday in a row with Bible-Sunday. Each church I am pastor for has a Bible-Sunday each year (so that's why three times) The theme for the service is the Bible and we invite those who are 10 years old and give them each a Bible.... and so on.

Two Sundays back (23th January) you can see what text I've been using all Sundays.

Love

 

Legg inn en kommentar

<< Home

<div id="footer">